In today’s social era, computers can be said to be an indispensable tool in people’s daily lives, which plays a very important role in our study and work. But there are also times when the computer has problems. For example, the computer memory becomes smaller and smaller. If the computer is used frequently, a lot of system garbage will continue to accumulate, so that the computer disk will soon be full. So, how to completely clean up the computer memory?
In fact, I have compiled some methods for cleaning up computer memory. Let’s take a look at how to quickly and effectively help you solve the problem of excessive computer memory.
Uninstall Unnecessary Programs And Files
Computer memory has taken up a lot of space recently. How to clean up computer memory completely? Many small computers have been used for a period of time and have encountered excessive computer memory usage. Today, I will bring some solutions to clean up computer memory to help you solve the problem.
Many times we did not pay much attention to the installation location so that the program was automatically installed on the C Drive. At this time, we can open the “Programs and Features” in the control panel, uninstall these applications that we will not use or install automatically, select the program name, and right-click to select the item “Uninstall”.
- Open the Task Manager of the system
- Click “Performance” at the top to view the current memory usage. When you continue to open other programs, the available memory will be smaller, and the system’s response will become slower and slower.
- At this time, you can switch to the “Process” tab of the task, and then click “Memory” to let the system sort by the size of the occupied memory. In this way, it can be seen very intuitively that those programs occupy a large amount of system memory, which causes the system to slow down.
- The process management shows that the application “Firefox” occupies a lot of memory. Now you don’t use Firefox to browse the web, so you can close this application or end the process directly from the Task Management to free up more memory space.
- Go back to the “Performance” in the Task Manager to check the current available memory, you will find that the system has more available memory than before.
Transfer the Software to Other Disks
If the installed program cannot be uninstalled or deleted, you can try to transfer the software to another disk. Because a lot of information is written in the system registry when installing the program, you cannot directly cut the folder where the installation program is located to another partition. We can use tools to complete the transfer.
First download the relevant moving software. Generally, the moving software tool will list all the software installed in the C Drive. You can follow the relevant prompts. Pay attention to close the software to be transferred and the security antivirus software when transferring.
Transfer User Data to Other Partitions
C Drive also has a large number of user information files. By default, files including desktop, documents and so on are stored in C drive. We can also transfer these files to other partitions.
- Find the “Users” folder in the C Drive
- Right-click on the document, music or desktop folders inside
- Select “Properties”
- Select “Location” in the window that appears
- Change the path to another drive letter. You can transfer these folders to other partitions.
- This also has the safety of using user information, otherwise if the system disk is damaged, the user information will be easily lost after reinstalling the system.
Use Tools to Clean up Junk Files
For other junk files in the system, we can use some tools to complete, such as the common Clean Master and Advanced System Care software.
Advanced System Care is a very powerful Windows system optimization software. It can help users clean up all kinds of junk files, speed up users’ surfing speed, and make computers have a faster experience. Advanced System Care can also help users delete unnecessary programs, directory files, registry entries, etc., and clean up malicious software in the computer.
Clean Master is a popular software used to clean up unnecessary files in users’ computers. It provides tools to remove caches and junk files, and also integrates anti-virus software to clean up viruses and malware.
Close or Transfer System Settings That Take up Space
The Windows Virtual Memory and System Hibernation functions of the Windows operating system are stored on the C Drive by default, which takes up a lot of space. We can transfer the Windows Virtual Memory to another partition and turn off the System Hibernation function. It can be set directly in the operating system or can be operated with tools.
Adjust the Virtual Memory Appropriately
- Select the icon This PC
- Click the right mouse button to select Properties
- In the system window that pops up, click Advanced System Settings on the left
- Then in the System Properties window, click Advanced, then click Settings
- Click Adjust for best performance in Performance Options
- The advantage of this setting is that it sacrifices visual effects, so as to reduce the occupation of hardware resources
- Next, click on the Advanced option, you can see the current Virtual Memory size
- If the computer memory is really not enough, you can change the Virtual Memory appropriately.
But please note that Virtual Memory is not as big as possible. Under normal circumstances, do not exceed two times the physical memory, otherwise the system may run slower.
Increase Physical Memory
If none of the above methods can be used, and the system still has insufficient memory, it is recommended to install additional memory to solve it. The increase in the operating speed of the system by adding memory is the most obvious.
The above are the common ways to clean up the computer memory. If you encounter such problems, I hope these methods can help you.