If you play or work on your computer frequently, there must be some important data on it you don’t want to lose. But unexpected things can happen any time, if you accidently delete a file which you still need, how can you restore it?
You might think of data recovery software at first time. It’s surely a solution and you can make choice from many products. But to actually recover the lost data, you must pay for it. So before resorting to any third-party software, you can try following tips at first.
If you delete some files but not permanently, they’ll be moved to the Recycle Bin, and you can recover these data very easily.
Just enter Recycle Bin, choose Restore all items, or right-click the file you want to recover and choose restore in the menu.
You can also try find back recently deleted files through Registry Editor.
1. Press [Windows+R] to evoke Run window.
2. Enter regedit in the textbox and hit OK.
3. Choose HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in Registry Editor to expand the menu.
4. Click SOFTWARE – Microsoft – Windows – CurrentVersion – Explorer – Desktop.
5. Find NameSpace in the menu, right-click it and choose New – Key.
6. Right-click the newly added key and Rename it to 645FFO40——5081——101B——9F08——00AA002F954E.
7. Right-click (Default) on the right and click Modify… in the menu, enter the Value data as Recycle Bin and tap OK.
8. Now you can open the Recycle Bin on your computer and find some of your recently deleted files here.
Backup At first
Now many people are used to work online, and save important information & data on computer. To avoid unexpected data loss, the best idea is to take precautions – backup your files at first. Thus you don’t need to panic when an accident happens.
1. Tap Start button, choose Settings – Update & Security.
2. Switch to Backup tab, click Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) on the right.
3. Click Set up backup in the popping out window.
4. Wait for a while till the Set up backup window pop up, choose a Backup Destination (or Save on a network… and hit Next.
5. Then you can choose what to back up. If you just want to back up some specific files or folders, just choose the second option Let me choose.
6. Make your choice and check the disks, folders, or files you want, then continue to run the backup.
7. Wait for the backup to end. Then you can find these files on the backup destination you specified.
8. Next time you want recover these data, just click Restore my files and follow the guide.
Data Recovery Software
There are a variety of third-party data recovery software on the market. With them you can find deleted files even without a backup and restore specific data you want more flexibly. But when selecting a data recovery software, you better do a full research in terms of reliability, functionality, price, user reviews, etc.