All deleted files are placed in the Recycle Bin, but once the Recycle Bin is totally emptied, many files don’t seem to be found. But sometimes the files we delete are actually useful, so how should we retrieve the lost files?
We may ask, can the files deleted by the computer in the Recycle Bin be restored? The answer is absolutely yes, as long as the correct method is used, the files deleted in the Recycle Bin can also be recovered. Let’s take a look at how to recover deleted files in the Recycle Bin.
What Is the Recycle Bin?
The Recycle Bin is one of the system folders in the Microsoft Windows operating system. It is mainly used to store documents temporarily deleted by users. The files stored in the Recycle Bin can be restored. We must know that good use and management of the Recycle Bin, as long as its creation with individual functions can make our daily document maintenance work more convenient.
Can Files Deleted from the Recycle Bin Be Recovered?
Generally speaking, data is stored in clusters on the hard disk. The size of the cluster is related to the size of the operating system and the logical partition. If the cluster size of the hard disk is 4K, even 1K files will occupy 4K space. Those large files will be stored in hundreds or thousands of clusters, which are all over the hard disk. The file system components in the operating system manage and track these separated clusters to ensure the correct access of files.
Therefore, even if the user totally deletes the files in the Recycle Bin, the files in the Recycle Bin are simply ignored by us through marking them as deleted. Then the cluster of disks that the files originally occupied will be marked as an available cluster, but the original data is not immediately deleted.
If these disk clusters are used until the next time the user saves a file, the old data will be overwritten with the new data. Until then, the data will remain intact.
Note: If you find that the file is missing, you must stop any operation immediately to prevent the disk space occupied by the original file from being overwritten by the new file.
How to Recover Deleted Files from the Recycle Bin?
How to recover files deleted from the computer Recycle Bin? Don’t worry, it is greatly possible to recover your deleted files. There are three suitable methods below.
Method One: Registry Recovery
Files deleted from the Recycle Bin are not completely erased. Temporarily deleted files that are placed in the Recycle Bin only changes their status in the file registry. However, the files in the Recycle Bin that have been deleted twice means those files are removed from the file registry, which still remains the file data. So we can restore files through some operations of the file registry.
- First press the shortcut, Win-R, and enter Regedit to start the registry editor
- Then find and locate
- Look for an entry value in the left tree structure named
If there is no this option, you just need to establish a new one, but please remember that the brace has to be entered.
- Double-click the Default string in the right pane of the new project and modify its corresponding Numeric Data to Recycle Bin.
- Finally, just restart the computer, and then open the recycle bin. You will see that all the deleted files are back.
Click on SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows> CurrentVersion> Explorer> Desktop> Name Space
Right-click the item Delegate Folders to establish a new item, which shall be named
Click on Revise
Restart the computer
Method Three: Data Software Recovery
The operation of the computer system is generally more troublesome, and the content involved is also more complicated and difficult to understand. There may be errors in the actual operation process and the recovery is not successful.
In addition to these two methods, we have other ways, which can be restored by operating simple data recovery software.
- When starting using the software, you should select the disk that needs to be scanned, that is, the disk in the Recycle Bin. As to setting the file type that needs to be scanned, you can choose from a variety of file types to scan.
- After the software enters the scanning state, the software will scan the Recycle Bin. During the scanning process, you can see the scanned data. Just find the data that needs to be restored. If you don’t find it, you can wait for the software scan to complete. If you find it, you can directly stop scanning.
- After that, we only need to select the required file, and then the selected file can be restored. Click the file to view the details and see if it is the file to be restored. If it is, it needs to be selected, if not, it is not necessary.
- Then the next step is to restore files.
- Choose a folder to store the files that need to be restored. When choosing the storage location, do not select the disk where the Recycle Bin is located. This operation will overwrite the data on that disk. In order to avoid such a situation, you would better choose other files folder to restore.
The above is the third method of restoring the deleted files. Please remember do not clear the Recycle Bin habitually. It is enough to clean up once a few days.
Precautions: If you have important files, it’s better to back them up in advance
The above is about how to recover files deleted from the computer’s Recycle Bin. In general, these methods are relatively simple and convenient. If you accidentally delete a file that is still useful, you may wish to refer to the above method to try it, I hope it will help you.