If you are used to doing operations related to your job, daily life and hobbies on the same computer or even the same Chrome browser, you can see how confusing things are with all sorts of information mixed together, and your productivity will be also affected.
Luckily you can sign up multiple Google accounts for different areas and purposes. To switch between them, the most usual way is to click on your profile photo on the top right corner of the Google search engine, and choose another Google account in the list.
But this simply changes the account, not the entire Chrome browser Settings – such as extensions, bookmarks, history, theme, etc. So these information are also jumbled together.
Besides, switching back and forth between different accounts can also be a hassle. From time to time, you may even encounter problems with accessing the accounts you want to use.
In fact, if you’re using Chrome, it’s better to add users directly to the browser. This allows you to log in to multiple Google accounts simultaneously, each with different bookmarks, extentions, settings, etc. Therefore you can do totally different things on different accounts at the same time, and each account does not interfere with each other, which also improves the security of use.
So how does it work exactly?
1. First, tap the account icon beside the 3 dots on the top-right corner of Chrome.
2. Click + Add under Other people.
3. Enter the account name in the textbox. Choose an icon you like as your profile photo.
4. The option of Create a desktop shortcut for this user is checked by default. If you don’t need the desktop shortcut for different account, it’s ok to uncheck it.
5. Then the Add button will become blue and clickable. You can hit it to confirm the settings.
6. A new Chrome window will pop out allowing you to set up your browser for the new account. Click Get Started to start it.
7. After some settings like bookmarks and background, you’ll be led to this page. Hit Continue to go to the next step.
8. Now, you can sign in to Chrome with Google account (should be different from your main account).
9. And then you can see that you’ve logged into Chrome with the account you just set up.
10. If you checked Create a desktop shortcut for this user before, there will be shortcuts for your different chrome accounts on the desktop. You can enter chrome with any of the accounts through corresponding shortcut, which is very convenient.
With this feature, you can even do different things with different accounts at the same time.
11. It’s also very simple to manage existing Chrome accounts. You just need to click the account icon on Chrome again and click Manage people.
12. Then, tap the 3 dots on the top-right corner of the icon you want to delete, choose Remove this person in the expanded menu. Thus this account is no longer in the list.
Using this method, you can add as many accounts as you can, and do different things on them. Thus even if you have only one computer, you can efficiently do all kinds of operations on Chrome without confusing them.