Edge Browser, a browser that built-in the Win10 system by default, is a replacement for Internet Explorer Software. Win10 system has such features as a novel interface and simple operation. Therefore, many small partners on the installation of Win10 system to experience. Many users also like to use the Edge Browser to surf the Internet.
But recently, some users have responded that they were prompted to “Can’t open Microsoft Edge with a built-in administrator account” when they opened the Edge Browser. In fact, there are many reasons for this failure, and now I would like to talk to you about the processing methods for Win10 system can not open the Edge Browser.
What Is An Edge Browser?
At first, before we solve this problem, we need to understand what an Edge Browser is and some of its important features.
Microsoft Edge is a new browser developed by Microsoft. It supports built-in Cortana voice capabilities, built-in readers (which open PDF files), notes and sharing function, built-in designs that focus on practicality and minimalism, and a rendering engine called EdgeHTML. The main functional difference between Edge Browser and IE Browser is: Edge can support modern browser features, such as extensions. In addition, Edge Browser has the following features:
- Search faster in the address bar
- Keep all your content in one place
- A browser that lets you take notes, write, doodle, and highlight directly on a web page.
- This web is the palette of your life, which can make you add a few secret seasonings directly to your recipes on the screen to share with your amateur chef friends, collaborate with your colleagues on new projects, or have fun with your kids.
- Let reading always be with you
- Less interference when reading
As we can see, these features obviously will improve our browser experience.
The Reason Why Edge Browser Can’t Be Opened?
Though Edge Browser is convenient and fast, it sometimes still can not avoid some problems, especially the problem that it can not be opened. At present, let’s take a look at what caused Edge Browsers cannot be opened.
You can’t open Microsoft Edge, or you can turn it off quickly when you open it, or you can’t open a specific Web page. If you encounter such a problem, may be you can try the following steps.
- Close other tabs, extensions, and Apps
- Make sure that Microsoft Edge is up-to-date
- Scan the device for malware
- Restart the computer
- Make sure that the third-party security software is up-to-date
Win10 system Edge Browser can not open, and pop-up prompt: If you want to change the default application, please go to the Settings, the System and the Default App in order. In fact, this problem is caused by an error in the default application in the system. If you encounter such a problem, may be you can try the following steps.
- Click on the start menu to select the item Set the button.
- Move the Settings Interface of Windows to a lower place, and then click on the App
- Open the Application options of Windows Settings
- Click the button Default apps on the left side.
- On the right, click the button Reset that is under the recommended default value of Microsoft
- After reset, you can find the web browser to click the Current Default Browser below. In the pop-up selection application box, you should select Microsoft Edge.
- Restart your computer when the repair is complete, you will find that the problem is solved.
Win10 system Edge Browser can not open, and pop-up prompt: Can not use the built-in administrator account to open Microsoft Edge.If you encounter such a problem, may be you can try the following steps:
- First, click the “Search” button in the lower right corner of the desktop, enter “gpedit” in the search bar, and select the “Edit Group Policy” option.
- Or press the button Win and the button R at the same time to open the Run Window, enter “gpedit.msc” in the Run Window, click the Enter key.
- After entering the local editing policy interface, we should click Computer Configuration, Security Settings, Local Policy, Security Settings in order.
- Then find “User Account Control Options: Administrator Approval Mode for Built-in Administrator Accounts” on the right and double-click Open.
- View the description item, by default, this item is closed, if you log in with the built-in administrator account, it must be enabled.
- Modified to enable.
- Click OK below to save and exit the configuration tool.
- One or two minutes later, the notification bar will pop up a request to restart the computer.
- After the restart, you should still use the original user to login in. Open the Edge Browser, directly click the Error-reporting interface of the user control to enter and continue to set.
- Pull the slider up and down for configuration, with the second gear from top to bottom default configuration.
- Restart the computer again, still use the original user login, you will that you can open Edge Browser.
- Switch the interface to the Description option button.
- At this point we can see the default values for the option, such as the default for this configuration is enabled, which can make you adjust this even if you can’t remember the original configuration
- Click OK below to save and exit the configuration tool.
- Restart the system so that the Microsoft Edge Browser can be used normally after the configuration takes effect.
I have introduced to you the reasons and methods for Win10 system that can not open Edge browser. Maybe sometimes you can’t open Microsoft Edge, or you can turn it off quickly when you open it, or you can’t open a specific Web page. Some problems are caused by an error in the default application in the system. Once encountered these problems, I hope the above methods are helpful. Although there are a few more steps, the problem is quickly resolved!